Khasi Ram is a bright spot on our trips to Tansen bazaar. His shop is on Steep Street. When we walk to town, we have a choice of either walking the high road or the low road. Jon prefers the low road and he thinks it's easier. Well, it has a bit more paving, but you end up arriving in town at the bottom of steep street, which means you then walk quite a sharp incline for quite a stretch! I don't prefer starting out my trip that way. I prefer the high road, which is rougher, more ups and downs, but you arrive at the top of Steep Street. Beth and I always take the high road.


Khasi Ram's shop is closer to the bottom of Steep St. and it is quite picturesque. This was his grandfather's shop and he lives in his grandfather's house. His father was also a tailor.
![]() |
| Food is laid out on the cloth on the floor....electricity was out, as it often is in the evening, so we had candlelight! |
immediately. Miraculously, she sat up and was able to interact with them. ..about 40 minutes had gone by. The pastor also prayed with oil for her physical condition and the tumor shrank and she has had no more problems. This
got Kasi Ram's attention! They heard about Jesus and accepted him into their hearts and lives. The son has been in Bible School two years and helps lead the worship at the church, as well as other ministries. The daughter also leads worship with the praise band. She also works at the hospital in the dental department.
KasiRam as been a favorite tailor of the missionaries and has had many into his home. Their smiles are the most prominent feature about all of them.
I am wearing the Kurtha Surwal that they sewed up for me. He even helped me find the fabric in the shop across the street when I was really frustrated about the kits of beautiful
outfits being too small for me. They fashion them for the small Indian and Nepali frame....not enough fabric for some of us! I appreciated his compassion.
outfits being too small for me. They fashion them for the small Indian and Nepali frame....not enough fabric for some of us! I appreciated his compassion.





No comments:
Post a Comment